I’ve been a secret writer for most of my life. For me writing became a coping mechanism, a way of making sense of the world. I’d always put off blogging and serious writing until recently, thinking ‘I’m not good enough’ (the five syllable synopsis of my life by the way).
After some encouragement from my wife, I started a blog a few weeks ago and was unprepared for the encouragement and feedback already shown by all the wonderful, more experienced bloggers out there. Thank you.
This blog enables me to further challenge myself as a writer and explore new genres and styles. I guess I just love the art of writing, of creating something (hopefully magical) out of nothing.
Thank you very much to Sheryl for nominating me for this and thank you for your brilliant articles which keep inspiring me to write better all the time. I am humbled.
I will now pay it forward and hope this will bring you in touch with some wonderful bloggers whose writings I admire.
As with such things this apparently comes with some rules and is just a bit of fun (you are under no obligation to accept the nomination).
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven (7) different facts about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen (15) blogs of your choice.
- Link your nominees.
- I pulled myself out of depression’s shadow after being in it for over twenty years. But I still write from it – from the darkness looking out towards the glimmer. I find it more exhilarating that way.
- I meditate every day. Mindfulness has shown me that we can go further, be happier, and become so much more if we let go, give in, and remain in the present.
- I’m a hopeless procrastinator and it amazes me I get anything done. I would have posted this yesterday but didn’t get around to it. Sorry. Watch this brilliant video on procrastination from Tim Urban later.
- I have an ever patient, supportive wife and two, wonderful young children. They keep me going and I would be a lesser man without them in my life.
- I love to dream. Dreams heal us, warn and inform us, and if nothing else entertain us for a few hours each night. I draw much of my inspiration from dreams and the subconscious. If you have a dream I believe you should follow it. A life without dreaming is only half a life.
- I love to read and try to read at least one book a week. I believe that becoming a more informed reader will lead me to become a better writer.
- I qualified as a graphic designer, studied philosophy, dabbled in photography, before getting lost in an IT career for twenty or so years. Now I’ve given up the rat race and spend my time studying for my degree in Creative Writing while I try and complete my long overdue novel. Hopefully one day I’ll figure out what I want to do.
I’m still discovering more marvellous blogs every day, in the mean time here are some you should definitely check out today:
- A Mile In My Shoes
- Musings of a mad woman
- Think About It
- A Parody Of Life
- Oh, border!
- Prejudice & Politics
- Dancing Echoes
- Your sentence here.
- Heartstring Eulogies
- Words and Wonders
- Vintage Sapience
- Mother Wintermoon
Thank you once again to Sheryl for this show of appreciation, I look forward to more snippets of wisdom from your blog.